setting single colors to a submasters on Ion

flyweed

Hey all. Ok....I have one "submaster" setup on my Ion now that will bring up ALL of my LED par's and as I slide the submaster fader up..it will scroll through all the colors. NOW, my question is..IF I want to only bring up ONE COLOR on a submaster...how do I do that..say I want Submaster 18 to fade up YELLOW? and not scroll through all the other colors to get there...just automatically bring up intensity in yellow???? that way I can set maybe 5 or 6 subs each with a different colorwash.

Thanks for any help

Dan

Hey all. Ok....I have one "submaster" setup on my Ion now that will bring up ALL of my LED par's and as I slide the submaster fader up..it will scroll through all the colors. NOW, my question is..IF I want to only bring up ONE COLOR on a submaster...how do I do that..say I want Submaster 18 to fade up YELLOW? and not scroll through all the other colors to get there...just automatically bring up intensity in yellow???? that way I can set maybe 5 or 6 subs each with a different colorwash.

If it scrolls through a lot of colors you are probably in Hue/Saturation mode - which can be annoying in this kind of situation. If you # {Edit} : look at the color attributes of your fixtures. If the Hue/saturation values are highlighted while the RBG component is grayed out - give RGB mode a try. You'll find a Color Format button on the color picker.

The only problem with the Intensity Master method in this case is that if you have a Red Submaster up and try to crossfade manually into a yellow look - the color is going to snap.

If you set up a series of proportional subs - as long as they are in RBG mode - you can manually crossfade them and the output wont look crazy.

If you find your subs have specific data in them you don't want - you can select those attributes with the filters in the CIA. The command [at][Enter] can be used in combinations with the filters to remove specific pieces of data.

I am just not seeing what I should, I guess. I am completely new to LEDs and I can't find the "color attributes" that you mentioned. Any help?

I am just not seeing what I should, I guess. I am completely new to LEDs and I can't find the "color attributes" that you mentioned. Any help?

There are 2 ways to calculate a color - 1 is Hue and Saturation. HS is an artificial construct based on a color wheel. Hue takes you around the circle and saturation goes from the center (0) to the edge (full).

The other way is to directly control the specific color channels (Red/Green/Blue, CMY, whatever)

HS is nice because it allows you to color match various fixtures relatively easily - at least in theory. It can however cause trouble with transitions. If you pick any 2 points on that color wheel and draw a line between them you'll notice that you sometimes transition through many colors - for example Blue to Yellow will take you through white.

When you are looking at your LED data there are a number of fields - Red/Green/Blue/Etc and then there is Hue and Saturation. One set will be highlighted and one set will be grayed out. IF Hue and Saturation is the highlighted set and IF you are having problems with your transitions looking strange you can try changing the color mode in the associated cues/palletes/subs etc.

There are 2 ways to accomplish this. Use the encoders to specifically adjust a color (Red/Green/Blue) and re-record or open the Color Picker (Displays > Color Picker) and hit the COLOR FORMAT button.

Capture3.PNG You'll only really care if your transitions look bad for some reason. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back