Setting up Off Site Costume Storage

peacefulone61

Good Afternoon all.

We are in the process of moving to a new off-site storage facility for our costume storage. My major question for everyone is what heights are useful for the majority of costumes to set bars at. I am a technical director by trade so I am a little out of my element on this one. However, the school decided that I will be the one to spec out the new space. Since our designer and seamstress are both outside contractors. I would assume That I would want some full height 8' bars but I want to Maximize the space and also do a bunch of Double Hung bars. What would be a good height for these 6' Each or 4' I have 12' total ceiling heights. Thank you for any sugestions.

I would say whatever the longest costume you got make the bottom bar that height. If you don't want the costumes to touch the floor. If you aren't worried I would do 6 n 6. 3 4s will be very crowded IMO If you are jamming them all in to get monies worth of storage.

I would say whatever the longest costume you got make the bottom bar that height. If you don't want the costumes to touch the floor. If you aren't worried I would do 6 n 6. 3 4s will be very crowded IMO If you are jamming them all in to get monies worth of storage.
And don't forget a cat to keep the mouse population in check.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back