Sewer Gobo

lighttechie5948

Dear Forum Members,
I need a gobo for my schools productions of LES MISERABLES. For the sewers what gobo should I use?

Lot's of options. Check out Apollo, Rosco, and Gam to see their catalogs on line. Pick one you like.

Hint: Only one of those manufacturers has a C.B. member who is eager to help you out (Kelite).

Gosh gafftaper, is it my imagination or did you reply to this thread at midnight WA time? (You guys have really got to take a break once in a while. This seems to be turning into an obsession....)

:cool:

Gosh gafftaper, is it my imagination or did you reply to this thread at midnight WA time? (You guys have really got to take a break once in a while. This seems to be turning into an obsession....)
Obsession.....way of life....tomato tamata

Neither....Original or II but for men

Dear Forum Members,
I need a gobo for my schools productions of LES MISERABLES. For the sewers what gobo should I use?
That is an easy one, take a look at the Rosco Catalog:

R77544 - Les Mis Gril 7:
proxy.php

R77545 - Les Mis Gril 8:
proxy.php

I have never found another like them, and probably will never use them unless we do mis again, but they look really good!

Anything with lines crossing both planes should look pretty good. It allows more shadows to pass no matter which direction Valjean moves in.

I did it last night and I'll do it again tonight! :) It's not an obsession it's dedication!

The grill definately works for Les Mis, as long as its something along those lines.

And as Gaffatape said! It may be slight obsession, but our madness shows our dedication! If you haven't stayed up till the early hours of the morning on the CB forums, I suggest you make it part of your everyday routine!

Anyone ever fabricated a gobo out of "rabbit wire"? How about my long-time favorite: radiator cover sheets (perforated sheet metal)? Not to take any business away from our gobo friends, but there are some interesting geometricals available at your local home center for 1/10th to 1/20th the price. Use new, unpainted stock only. I've been doing this since 1979.

Just to let you know Keith, it's 8am and I'm back on again. I need to schedule some sleep between my CB sessions.

Anyone ever fabricated a gobo out of "rabbit wire"? How about my long-time favorite: radiator cover sheets (perforated sheet metal)? Not to take any business away from our gobo friends, but there are some interesting geometricals available at your local home center for 1/10th to 1/20th the price. Use new, unpainted stock only. I've been doing this since 1979.
I have, that is one of the things that you learn when you work small summer stock.

I have made plenty of aluminum can gobos before. Its usually due to working on a 0 budget. I have even made custom gobos by using this method for moving lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back