Shady Art Installation Rigging

What? No dog chain was used!!! Can't count how many small venues I still see using that...:oops:
Yeah, the dogs make 'em easy to spot. /nudge, wink

I get pretty anal retentive about formatting Word docs and how I lay out my drawings, to the chagrin of others occasionally.

The gist of it though that if someone is lax and doesn't pay much attention to detail about something obvious and small -- it begs the question, "What else will they be careless and inattentive about when I pay them to perform services?"
And now you understand why Van Halen had the "no brown M&M's in the backstage catering" bit in their rider.

So I emailed the non-profit organization that sponsors the art installation and encouraged them to call the Local hall and get help hiring an ETCP rigger to come out and inspect things and fix them. I also suggested that they send some high quality close up pictures to that person so that they can bring the appropriate gear with them... the installation is a couple of hours outside of town.

They took my message serious and said they will do just that. So hopefully they will.

Aren't those (disappointingly rare) occasions when you try to help someone and they don't get all hoity-toity and tell you they think it's just fine *wonderful*?

I get pretty anal retentive about formatting Word docs and how I lay out my drawings, to the chagrin of others occasionally.

The gist of it though that if someone is lax and doesn't pay much attention to detail about something obvious and small -- it begs the question, "What else will they be careless and inattentive about when I pay them to perform services?"

"If you can't be bothered to wipe up the coffee rings on the tray tables, *how* can I trust you to be doing your engine maintenance properly?"

(I'm not going to attribute that quote; it's a test. :))

And now you understand why Van Halen had the "no brown M&M's in the backstage catering" bit in their rider.
I was tasked with making a LOTO manual for a 600k square foot complex. Ended up being north of 300 pages. However, I know no one above me reviewed it before acceptance; there's one walk-in cooler condenser that only had one sentence, as a placeholder: "where the F is this condenser??" Pretty sure that would have been flagged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back