Sharing what I did and how (OK bragging a little)

Crisp image

Good day to all,
I wanted to share my some of my greatest creations with you all today and explain a little how it was done.
I am a volunteer set builder and sort of tech person for a local youth theatre co who stage 2 musicals a year.
First is my fireplace
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
thisi was made for Cinderellas house for Into The Woods.
It has 4 computer fans mounted in the base and then a cylinder of card over each fan. I have then added some crepe paper strips to it held on a skewer stick. I have added controls via DMX which consists of a 3ch RGB light fixture which has 3 red strips of LED attached. This was set to an random colour effect in MagicQ. The fans are controlled by DMX relay so the Lighting guy can control the lot from the desk via wireless controls so the set pieces can be moved on and off stage without connecting wires.
_MG_9096 (Small).JPG

_MG_9141 (Small).JPG
_MG_9183 (Small).JPG
_MG_9370 (Small).JPG

The big tree was a combination of hessian and bird wire. It is quite light and easly movable. There is also lots of glue and paint to make it all go stiff. The lighting inside is also LED strips wireless controlled like the fireplace. There is not much structure to it however there is enough to put it on its side. The small stump is made the same way with the exception of paper mache under the hessian.
The bakers house is again similar to the rest with a bird wire frame and then a couple of layers of fabric stretched over it and painted. A wood grain paint effect on top of some plain sheet material. (best $16 ever spent on ebay to get the tools for doing that.)
Anyway that is it for me now I might have to have a look through my photos and videos of some of the Addams Family stuff I did last year complete with radio controlled moving beds and gate openings and add them later.
Regards
Crispy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back