Shop Pictures

dpak

At the risk of self-incrimination and perhaps massive amounts of ridicule, I post this picture in the hopes that people more organized than I will post pictures of their shops so I can get organization ideas. In my slight defense, we're in the middle of build for Cinderella. I'm planning on making a mitre saw table and revamping our lumber storage, but I would love to see your shops.
Shop.jpeg

We've all been there. Here is my Shop and storage solutions. We are mid-build for Legally Blonde at the moment.

Shop from entrance
20170126_123436.jpg
From opposite side
20170126_123500.jpg
Board storage >8'
20170126_123514.jpg
Board storage <7'11"
20170126_123523.jpg
Sheet goods storage
20170126_123549.jpg

Forgot to walk through and take pictures today after work but I'll try to get some next week. Its a big space. For now, here's the floor of our main paint shop. Not pictured is the 2 spray booths, actual paint storage and our finishing department
IMG_3765.JPG

and continuing, here's the rest of the tour around most of the shop.
Our Mill: Behind this is our finishing shop
IMG_3775.JPG

Main work areas and our cabinet makers:
IMG_3776.JPG

Our main deck:
IMG_3777.JPG

The metal shop:
IMG_3778.JPG

More work space: (theres another couple hundred feet of this behind me and then our graphics shop, and an identical storage area adjacent.
IMG_3790.JPG

Not pictured, our laminating area, some spray booths, the rest of the paint shop, lighting, water jet, and some CNC routers

We have yet to install the air and power drops, shelving and sinks. the upper area far off there, I made them put in railings and a staircase for added storage. and they thought it was going to be empty space... PS this is THE ONLY space we have for set construction, props build, set storage, prop storage, and Oh yeah, we're sharing with a woodshop class and their supplies and tools. It's gonna be a bumpy ride!!

My God! You people have all died & gone to heaven & don't know it. We built operettas in this--one a week for 8 weeks. Ah, summer stock!

Shop 1.jpg

Shop 2.jpg

Shop 3.jpg

Shop 4.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, fixed now. (One of these days I'll get the hang of these 'computer' things!)
@JonCarter Mine still has a crank on its side. If I ever graduate to one without a crank I'll be in even bigger trouble.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

I've been there the last two summers as Scenic Designer/TD!
I worked as TD & LD. Most of our design was done by our director, Bob Gibson. I have a lot of his sketches which were all there was to build from. Fun. What is the lighting setup now? I had "fun" with the board back then--see "Stops" above. I assume by now it would have been replaced w/something electronic.

Time for an after picture. After our production of Cinderella last year, I figured we should invest in new tools and storage for the scene shop. I doubt the shop will ever be this clean again.
Shop - after.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back