The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

shopping time

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by FTOTY, Oct 15, 2004.

1. FTOTY

FTOTY Member

I'v got a teacher here with $400 to spend on a PA system. He got the money in an insurance thing and wants to spent it on PA rather than a bass amp. I need suggestions on brands and stuff like that. He's a mean teacher, so helping him out is good for him and me. You know how it goes. Thanks.

2. Radman

Radman Well-Known Member

$400 won't get you crap. Sorry to be so blunt.

3. The_Guest

The_Guest Senior Team Emeritus Premium Member

I agree, you're better off buying the bass amp. However $400 is nice for some microphones. Would be nice for cables, cd player, stands, furman units, adapters, etc. But not a system, you can't even buy two decent speakers (that could actually fill a room larger than a conference room)for that price. Hate to burst your bubble, but it's the truth.

4. mbenonis

mbenonis Wireless Guy Administrator

Radio Engineer
    An entire system? No, $400 simply isn't enough. However, the $400 will go a long way to improving the PA system(s) that you already have by purchasing better mics, extra cables, EQ's/dynamic processors, etc.

5. avkid

avkid Not a New User Fight Leukemia

Stagehand/ Production Company Owner
    there is almost no way(legal way that is) to buy a sytem for under $400, I would buy a good amp instead!