Shotgun Mics

DavidDaMonkey

I have used floor mics and body mics, but I have never used any sort of shotgun mic for live theater. I know some people do this, but since I don't have any experience in it, I don't even know where to begin. What is the best situation to use these in, and how (generally) would you go about placing them? FWIW, I'm on a fairly large proscenium thrust stage.

Type "shotgun mics" into CB's search box, DavidDaMonkey. Here's but one of the many threads you'll find.

Thanks! Sorry for being such a noob. When I look through the forum, I don't see that thread anywhere, but I can get to it when I search for it. Whats that about?

...When I look through the forum, I don't see that thread anywhere, but I can get to it when I search for it. What's that about?
The last post in the thread was 02/13/08.

To all members:
At the top of the threads in any forum are 4 drop down boxes and a "show threads" button on the extreme right. The default (second right-most) is "threads from the last month." That's why one can find the thread via search but it is not readily displayed, without changing the thread listing criteria.

Feel free to add a new comment to an old thread if you have something valuable to say. This often resurrects threads that newer members have never seen, and delights the older members who don't remember, due to Senior Dementia, what they have previously posted.:)

"Bump" and "necropost" are terms that come to mind, but you'll have to look those up in the Urban Dictionary, as I can't follow the phrases the kewl, groovy kids are using these days: words like "swell," and "so's your old man."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back