Should have stopped here first.

See all the fabulous information you get here Mixmaster. Aren't you glad you joined now?

please don't use that language here, some members may find it offensive and schools may view it as abuse language and block controlbooth from their users.
avkid put the hard word on me, and now i reflect on it he was right
--/steps on soapbox/--
Really? Have we stooped so low that saying frickin' is not OK. That is sad people, that is pretty far from cussing and bad language. (though I would spell it friggin) Are you going to next tell the people from Boston that they can't say "wicked" in the context of: "That was totally wicked" or "That was wicked awesome." I mean that is exactly the same usage as frickin'. It would be akin to saying "frack" (thanks to BSG). I don't think these words corrupt our youth. And frankly it is better they use them then actually cuss. Oh, and do you care if someone says that "XYZ sucks"? Because many parents and teachers seem to think that "sucks" is a bad word.

I hate to say it, but every high school kid has learned swear words. You can't even take your kids to new shows for kids like "Legally Blonde" without them hearing swear words, and to boot MTV now has the "follow the bouncing ball" version so you can sing along. Guess you have to make kids only watch Disney, oh wait not all Disney movies are clean. Get over it, and realize that people use many worse words, and some that don't even have to use symbols in order to post.

--/steps off soapbox/--

Sorry about the hijack, but when people jump on others' cases like that for not so great reasons it seems kind of silly. I mean this post:
meghan said:
ohhh the penguin is so frickin adorable!!!!
Is totally innocent, there was absolutely no reason to jump on the poster's case. It is another of the things that can turn people off from our community.

Senior team feel free to sack this post if you feel it is not appropriate, I felt it had to be said though.

While I'm with you on this Icewolf that could have been said a little nicer. They are right about the school filters. You would be amazed at the things that some software programs schools use filter out for the "protection" of students. In the high school I used to teach at, you couldn't bring up any website that had the word "Bre*st". Yes, it's completely inappropriate for high school students to research "Bre*st Cancer" or "Bre*st feeding" babies or any of the many legitimate medical websites dealing with the human body. Oddly (and perhaps sexist) you could research the word "pen*s" no problem. It's insane out there!

Yes I'm censoring these words so that some poor kid out there using that lame software doesn't get banned from this site.

See all the fabulous information you get here Mixmaster. Aren't you glad you joined now?

very glad. Everyone here is as crazy as I am. Where else could one successfully combine tech work, a little biology and some good eats:eek:.
Although deep frying the cute little bird might be going too far. There can't be enough meat there to be worth the hassle. Maybe we should post recipes.....

very glad. Everyone here is as crazy as I am. Where else could one successfully combine tech work, a little biology and some good eats:eek:.
Although deep frying the cute little bird might be going too far. There can't be enough meat there to be worth the hassle. Maybe we should post recipes.....

Oh yes "Mix". You'll fit right in! Have fun.

yeah i hear there is a new one dave is trying to impliment, the moment someone asks about a Rigging problem.....boom he gets a warning

but yes school filters are stupid....thank god for proxy sites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back