Show Announcements Needed

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows of someone, with a suitable and ideally British voice, who would be able to record a few short announcements for the start and intermission of a charity show, free of charge, to be played to the audience regarding safety information etc.

Thanks

I could fake a British accent. Depending on the words needed.

Post the script.

It sounds like a fun thing to do after a long weekend of work.

So the three recordings would be,

----

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Kings and Queens of Pop. The show will be commencing shortly, so please take to your seats. We ask that you turn off all mobile phones and remind you that photography and recording are not permitted as the show is being professionally filmed. Please be aware that this performance contains the use of strobe lighting and pyrotechnics, so please ensure for safety reasons that young children or anyone vulnerable to these effects remains a suitable distance from the stage. Thank you, and enjoy the show!

Ladies and Gentlemen there will now be a 20 minute interval with refreshments available at the bar and raffle tickets being sold. Thank you!

Ladies and Gentlemen please take to your seats, the show will be resuming shortly.

----

Thanks!

My fake British accent can’t do all that. I thought you had some one liners.

I was going to suggest David Ogden Stiers, but he passed away last week.

RIP, Major Winchester, Cogsworth... many other memorable characters...

Oh how sad. RIP. If anyone else fancies giving the above script a go, you're more than welcome.

You're in the UK... how about finding some out of work Welsh actor, slipping him 20 quid and have him record it with the most pronounced Welsh accent?

Yeah, I stir up trouble... ;)

Seriously, a Zoom recorder and 10 minutes and you'll be done. Is there a local radio person who might do this for a programme credit?

There are websites full of voice talent for hire, who can give you a professional sounding file for a reasonable fee. The listings will offer samples of work and mention accents or other specialties. They will have a studio grade mic and audio editing system. You have to provide the script.

I have an amazing idea for you. Go to a site called Fiverr. You'll find tons of girls and guys willing to say whatever you want in an English accent. Real ppl from England by the way. Thank me later ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back