Show updates

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Post your quick thoughts and updates from LDI 2016 here.

At the airport it's raining hard here in Seattle. Forecast for 90 on Saturday! Vegas here I come! Looking forward to seeing the CB crew.

Crap! Broke my phone holster getting into the shuttle van.

The two day Hog 4 training seminar was well worth it. It's the second time I've taken this one and this year's class went more in depth on what the Hog can do on the first day of class than the seminar I took two years ago did in two days. Now having completed the course, I have a much better understanding of my venue's console than I did and even got a few answers to the ever vexing questions "Why is my board doing (insert issue here)?". I even learned the solutions to some of those issues. Also, now having taken the Hog seminar twice, I'm not quite as overwhelmed as I was the first time.

Under estimated how long it takes to walk from my hotel to the convention center, and my hotel doesn't have in room coffee makers...

Hanging around waiting for my first class to start.

Free in flight wifi for one hour thanks to T-Mobile.... Awesome! I REALLY don't miss Verizon.

@cbrandt everything in Vegas is four times farther away than you think it is!

I want to thank Gaff for giving me his travel/weather update personally this morning, followed by a quick disconnect as he left. I don't feel bad outside here sweating in the 90 degrees on the gig. #byeFelicia :lol:

I want to thank Gaff for giving me his travel/weather update personally this morning, followed by a quick disconnect as he left. I don't feel bad outside here sweating in the 90 degrees on the gig. #byeFelicia :lol:
No problem, I offer a variety of concierge services.

Well, arrived and client couldn't meet me, so afternoon off. Think I'll go to Fairmont Street and maybe take in the Mob Museum.

Interesting product from spot track for converting any moving light to a follow spot. Puts a fixed camera on a truss and calibrates your ML coordinates to location on the screen. Can put multiple fixtures on a performer with just one operator.

Etc Gio@5 as in its half a Gio@ is pretty cool looking. Lots of power in smaller more affordable package. Well shoot a demo video for you.

At least the Doug Fleenor DMX controlled beer fridge had root beer on tap!

Yeah there were a lot of bars on the floor. But you have to go to BCI to get free BBQ. Tell them you are a CB member and thank them for being an advertiser supporting CB.

MA has got some cool movement compensation software on display where they take movement data from the automation system and keep the light in focus. Also some interesting uses of custom screens and macros. I'm not sure I'll ever need to play tic-tac-toe on the console to fire different cue stacks in the rig, but with some massaging and some time I could see how you could integrate it into a spacial tracking system or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back