Shure QLX-D

You are completely mistaken in this case. ShowBabys operate in the 2.4GHz band using FHSS (frequency hopping spread spectrum). The system ID options (5 for Showbaby5, 6 for Showbaby 6) are hopping patterns, not specific frequencies. Nothing about it is ever anywhere near 190MHz. Same band as WiFi and Bluetooth.
Ahh ok i thought the numbers meant a different frequency

I
First you have to figure out why. (See FMeng 's post #12 above) If your overload lights are on even when the transmitters are all off then it's time for some detective work. That RF is coming from somewhere.
It only happens when the bodypacks are being used.

How does one fix that

Turn the gain on the antennas down. Pop open the panel on the Antenna, there are DIP switches inside. Run them at 0 or -6dB.

They are Showbabys (Little orange boxes) That are just wireless DMX Boxes. They operate at 5 different frequencies and the ones we have it set to are at 190MHz. They make it so we don't have to run a long DMX cable into our movers. We have 4 movers

The ShowBabys are 2.4gHz and frequency hop like WiFi, not 190mHz. Their user manual doesn't seem to indicate that there is a user-specified frequency.

-----
You've got quite the list of gear there -- and after looking at it, while I can't be 100% sure, I can be relatively confident that you're just stepping on your own toes if you're having RF issues. The Shure SLX systems really need to be used on their own and in tiny numbers, unless you plan on getting a frequency coordination software involved. The same goes for the QLX-D. When I ran numbers, I could only get 12x SLX's in the room, and at that it wasn't using any sort of logical Group/Channel numbering, I had to jump all over the place to fit them in there.

If you were to do a scan with your new transmitters, not only would they only see the things in their own range and nothing else, but you would need every active transmitter powered on and in-range so they would know how to coordinate around local interference.

Keep in mind, the data below is FULLY UNSUABLE the moment you turn any IEM's on as they weren't taken into consideration

proxy.php

First you have to figure out why. (See FMeng 's post #12 above) If your overload lights are on even when the transmitters are all off then it's time for some detective work. That RF is coming from somewhere.
It happens whenever we have microphones on and in use of at least 5 plus

Turn the gain on the antennas down. Pop open the panel on the Antenna, there are DIP switches inside. Run them at 0 or -6dB.

The ShowBabys are 2.4gHz and frequency hop like WiFi, not 190mHz. Their user manual doesn't seem to indicate that there is a user-specified frequency.

-----
You've got quite the list of gear there -- and after looking at it, while I can't be 100% sure, I can be relatively confident that you're just stepping on your own toes if you're having RF issues. The Shure SLX systems really need to be used on their own and in tiny numbers, unless you plan on getting a frequency coordination software involved. The same goes for the QLX-D. When I ran numbers, I could only get 12x SLX's in the room, and at that it wasn't using any sort of logical Group/Channel numbering, I had to jump all over the place to fit them in there.

If you were to do a scan with your new transmitters, not only would they only see the things in their own range and nothing else, but you would need every active transmitter powered on and in-range so they would know how to coordinate around local interference.

Keep in mind, the data below is FULLY UNSUABLE the moment you turn any IEM's on as they weren't taken into consideration

proxy.php
Don't worry. We don't use the IEM's only the church does and they don't use our stuff. Can I ask what program you used to program these frequencies? Also below are the frequinces being used at this very moment
J3 (572-596 MHz) - Shure SLX series - 12 Units

Group 3, Channel 3

Group 3, Channel 4

Group 2, Channel 4

Group 1, Channel 4

Group 6, Channel 4

Group 2, Channel 6

Group 4, Channel 6

Group 4, Channel 7

Group 4, Channel 10

Group 2, Channel 11

Group 6, Channel 11

Group 4, Channel 12

M1 (662-698 MHz) - Shure ULS series - 4 units plus two spare frequencies

Group 3, Channel 6

Group 1, Channel 7

Group 6, Channel 7 (spare)

Group 4, Channel 12 (spare)

L4 (638-662 MHz) - Shure SLX series - 6 units

Group 1, Channel 1

Group 5, Channel 2

Group 5, Channel 3

Group 1, Channel 3

Group 6, Channel 6

Group 6, Channel 7

That coordination seems valid to me after running the #'s. Next step is to knock down gain in the antenna and then try to get it closer to the stage.
I can try the gain. Can't move them closer, unfortunately. They are permanently installed and the coax is runned perfectly for its run and have no where else to move them.

You can link up to 8 channels of ULX-D. Therefore you would need only one port on your router.

ULX-D, yes, but QLX-D only has one NIC port on it so each receiver needs to connect back to a network switch.

As an aside, if you're using ULX-D with Dante, you shouldn't daisy-chain RX's because each switch hop requires additional latency. A few hops isn't usually a big deal, but if you start adding a bunch of hops in your wireless rack and then hop somewhere else and somewhere else before you hit your console, you've put 10+ switch hops in the signal chain and now your console needs to be put into 5ms mode. That adds 5ms to every single Dante input the console sees whether a source is two hops away or twelve.

Download and get familiar with Shure Wireless Workbench. It will take a little work to get up to speed with it but it will help solve your frequency co ordination issues. It is useful even if you have other brands of wireless in your inventory.
Ohh I was told you couldn’t Input nonnetwored microphibes In WWB

It sounds to me like your antennas are being amplified too much. Try lowering the gain on any antenna amps. Also, does the overload light come on for one specific transmitter, or for any transmitter? If it is a specific transmitter, you could try lowering the transmit power on that one unit, but I'd start with the antennas first.

Ohh I was told you couldn’t Input nonnetwored microphibes In WWB

You can, but you have to enter them by hand, and after coordination you have to set the appropriate frequencies on the receivers yourself. WWB will even calculate frequencies for an entire system of non-Shure gear, but only networked Shure gear can be automated.

It sounds to me like your antennas are being amplified too much. Try lowering the gain on any antenna amps. Also, does the overload light come on for one specific transmitter, or for any transmitter? If it is a specific transmitter, you could try lowering the transmit power on that one unit, but I'd start with the antennas first.

You can, but you have to enter them by hand, and after coordination you have to set the appropriate frequencies on the receivers yourself. WWB will even calculate frequencies for an entire system of non-Shure gear, but only networked Shure gear can be automated.
Ahhh ok. I don’t get to the school until Monday so I’ll try then to lower the gain on them

-----

proxy.php
So I ran your frequencies in wireless workbench and they are all incompatible just for the SLX in the J3

So I ran your frequencies in wireless workbench and they are all incompatible just for the SLX in the J3

Are you saying that Wireless Workbench thinks everything is bad except for the J3, or that the J3 is the only thing bad and everything else is good.

Regardless, I'm more inclined to believe something from IAS over anything Wireless Workbench tells me - but that's just my experience.

Are you saying that Wireless Workbench thinks everything is bad except for the J3, or that the J3 is the only thing bad and everything else is good.

Regardless, I'm more inclined to believe something from IAS over anything Wireless Workbench tells me - but that's just my experience.
I went over your list and it says that you used the H50 band instead of the G50 for the QLX. I think that could've been the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back