Shure QLX-D

Wow. I punched your zip into Wireless workbench, and put in all your < 600 MHz gear. You've got a lot of close (10-20 mi) TV transmitters. Hopefully there's some spectrum left for you in UHF after the repack. Using the "Robust" setting in WWB (which works really well for me up north), I couldn't make the rig you detailed work. It only got 8 SLX and 8 QLX H50 to play nice. You might want to look up where those > 600 MHz TV stations are landing, and depending on where they are landing and where there is more spectrum left, you might want to consider exiting UHF completely for VHF or 900 MHz (Both valid options with Shure).

Wow. I punched your zip into Wireless workbench, and put in all your < 600 MHz gear. You've got a lot of close (10-20 mi) TV transmitters. Hopefully there's some spectrum left for you in UHF after the repack. Using the "Robust" setting in WWB (which works really well for me up north), I couldn't make the rig you detailed work. It only got 8 SLX and 8 QLX H50 to play nice. You might want to look up where those > 600 MHz TV stations are landing, and depending on where they are landing and where there is more spectrum left, you might want to consider exiting UHF completely for VHF or 900 MHz (Both valid options with Shure).
I know there’s a ton of tv stations. I plugged in my wireless systems to workbench and I got 11 slx and 20 QLX g50 to work. I still couldn’t get that 12th transmitter to work for the slx but I was able to get a good number and I’ll see if the robust feature works and if all fails I have some backup frequencies from someone on here

I know there’s a ton of tv stations. I plugged in my wireless systems to workbench and I got 11 slx and 20 QLX g50 to work. I still couldn’t get that 12th transmitter to work for the slx but I was able to get a good number and I’ll see if the robust feature works and if all fails I have some backup frequencies from someone on here

Did you go to the spectrum tab and put in your zip before running the calculations so it knew where the TV stations were?

Keep in mind that we're in the transition period where some TV stations are in the database on two, different channels because they have to move from one to another. By July 2020, the spectrum will have a few more empty channels than it does now. ( In many places, it'll be done earlier.) A mic that doesn't fit now might fit later, provided it runs below 600 MHz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back