Wireless Shure SLX vs. BLX

shayward

Hey there booth members,

I am currently shopping around for some new wireless microphones for a growing a cappella vocal ensemble and I was wondering if I could get some feedback from anyone with experience regarding the pros/cons for the Shure SLX14 handeld wireless with SM58 element versus the Shure BLX24r handheld wireless with SM58 elements.

Also, what are your thoughts on SM58 vs. Beta58 strictly for vocal reproduction

The BLX is Shure's newer wireless microphone system. It has newer technology, therefore its a little better. They are both great systems. I would personally go with the BLX system just because it is newer. It will have better signal strength and a better quality of sound. I am using the Shure ULX-D and I love it. The BLX is just a cheaper version of the ULX-D.

Both the SM58 and the Beta58 are great microphones. I use the Beta58 now. It has great sound quality and really picks up voice well. There is not enough of a difference to really say which microphone is better though.

The BLX is just a cheaper version of the ULX-D.

The BLX is probably a fine product, but comparing it to the ULX-D is sort of like comparing a Corolla to a Lamborghini. The ULX-D uses a digital modulation scheme and the BLX is companded, analog FM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back