The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Shure to Audio Technica adapter?

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by tcsta, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tcsta

tcsta Member

I have 2 Audio Technica wireless bodypacks, but the packaged mics are awful to the point of being unusable in productions. I also have 5 extra Shure lavalier mics from Shure bodypacks that are not being used (we purchased headsets to replace the lavs). Is there a way to plug the Shure mics into the Audio Techinca bodypacks? I'm looking for an adapter or a way to splice the ends. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

I don't know of an adapter that's available, but Audio Technica will install the correct connector for you for around $ 30.00 a unit.

To me that seems reasonable, have you ever tried to solder such small conductors in such a confined space?

3. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

tcsta, call A/T, Shure, or Masque Sound. Adapters are available, and much preferable to soldering on your own TA4 or similar connector; pain in the arse!

4. mnfreelancer

mnfreelancer Active Member

The TA4's aren't that bad, but AT's LEMO connector is a gigantic pain. I've never been able to figure out what that connector is actually called (the push/pull AT one) so if anyone knows it could be of general interest...

5. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

AT doesn't offer adapters. I called Tracey Brefka to see if they did.

6. aemeeich

aemeeich Member

The connector is made by Hirose, and I've always heard it referred to just as a "Hirose 4 pin Connector". The part number is HR10A-7P-4S (Looking at the final letter, S stands for female, and P would stand for male)

4 CONTACT PLUG W/SOCKET INSERT - HR10A-7P-4S

Michael