Shure UA844+SWB and QLXD's

Don't forget the network side - The receivers like to talk to each other especially during frequency selection and assignment. They have a great in-built scan function that will find open frequencies and make assignments. As mentioned above, Wireless Workbench is a necessary tool let you monitor what is going on, which is especially helpful during setup. A 24 port 10/100 switch will suffice as the receivers do not support 1000baseT

I have a simpler solution - return the 5 UA844s and buy our RFdevices ADU.24. This is a 1u dual 24way distribution amplifier that will genuinely run 24 QLXD or similar plus it has enough inbuilt power supply to run them via our custom loom. Runs about $2500 with power loom and 48 BNC-BNC cables of varying lengths (you choose). All this is to make the wiring as neat as possible. We usually mount the ADU.24 in the middle of the receivers (again among to keep cables as short as possible. I realise that this is a shameful plug and I apologize to those that I offend, but I need to let folks know this exists.View attachment 20687
Does it come with a long-reach BNC wrench?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back