Shure UHF4 Network setup

hamlett22

Hi all,

Received 8 new Shure UR4D+ receivers and I want to setup them up using the network connections. The user manual says to use the CD that came with the receivers (no CDs in the box) to setup and configure the system. Do you know where I can download the setup software? Anyone have experience setting up these receivers via the network? Is it worth it? Benefits?

Thanks for your input. I'm excited to put these work-horses to good use.

Chad

Hi all,

Received 8 new Shure UR4D+ receivers and I want to setup them up using the network connections. The user manual says to use the CD that came with the receivers (no CDs in the box) to setup and configure the system. Do you know where I can download the setup software? Anyone have experience setting up these receivers via the network? Is it worth it? Benefits?

Thanks for your input. I'm excited to put these work-horses to good use.

Chad
Chad,

You can network the units together and have them set clear frequencies for each other without using the software. The software will, however, let you see some of the spectrum issues around you in real time (or at least as long as the scan takes to refresh). The WWB software is great for finding and setting main and backup frequencies for your mics, as well as making an Exclusion List that you can import to a new session when bringing in more mics than what are already in-house. That will keep the frequencies you already have in place from being coordinated over.

Also, don't forget to loop the RF connections (so long as all the kits are the same band)...you can do up to 10 units with RF looping, but only 5 units for the AC power looping.

... Also, don't forget to loop the RF connections (so long as all the kits are the same band)...you can do up to 10 units with RF looping ...

I was under the impression that the antenna cascades are unfiltered for the UR4D+. The AXT400 has filtered cascade outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back