Shutter problem

cmgunn

One of our Martin Mac 550's is having a dimming problem. It looks like the motor is sticking. We tried swapping it out with another fixture's motor and the problem followed the motor. Is there anything to try on the motor (cleaning?) or will it have to be replaced?

I haven't cracked open a 550 in a while. But check the wire harness from the board to the motor and see if there are any problems. Best bet is to meter it in a strobe mode to see if it's still recieving voltage and whatnot if the different motor is having the same issue.

IIRC, the motor you are talking about is a stepper motor. And I would guess that one of the coils died. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it, except replace it.

I haven't cracked open a 550 in a while. But check the wire harness from the board to the motor and see if there are any problems. Best bet is to meter it in a strobe mode to see if it's still recieving voltage and whatnot if the different motor is having the same issue.

I swapped that whole module with the one from another fixture. The problem would be with the motor, we checked the harness.

IIRC, the motor you are talking about is a stepper motor. And I would guess that one of the coils died. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it, except replace it.

It does appear to be a stepper motor. I'll see if I can get one on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back