SIL 3 Portable Power Distribution

chawalang

Hi everyone,

I want to put something out there as a possible research topic but I am having a hard time solidifying how I am trying to move forward. I want to do a research project about SIL 3 and how it relates to portable power distribution in our industry. Potentially using various parts of NFPA70 to elaborate on practices. I feel like I am having trouble finding information to SIL 3 in regard to electricity, specifically portable power distribution. Please let me know your thoughts, I know that Safety Integrity Level has made its way into our industry and I would like to potentially create a document that outlines this about PPD to people who have no idea what any of this is.

Interesting idea. The problem i see is that it is going to greatly depend on who is doing the assessment; and how they interpenetrate it. I have just started down this rabbit hole and will be interested to see what others think.

With motorized rigging, it seems that what has been found safe and functional for 20-30 years is suddenly not considered safe when it's required to be SIL 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back