Simple Artnet Video Player

Raiden38

Hi.

I run a show, and I have maybe 10 video to play. Those are "simple" video, no overlay, layers etc etc. I click play, and when it's over, the show continue.

I have all the sound / lightning / video to do myself so I am trying to simplify things. I was hoping to find a solution where I can send a dmx value (artnet) on a computer and the computer would trigger the video for me. So let's say I have a dedicated dmx channel, and based on the value, it would play a certain video.

Would you guys know a freeware solution for this? Mac if possible but I can use PC if required?

Thanks!

I'm not personally aware of any options that use artnet, but if you have the capability to output midi or osc from your console, QLab would be a good choice.
Thanks for your reply. I am using Luminair on my iPad. I have a wireless connection to a router, that has a artnet t to dmx converter module. So basically, I would connect some computer to the router, read the artnet that is brodcasted and read video... I cannot output Midi, only artnet and sACN.

Hi.

I run a show, and I have maybe 10 video to play. Those are "simple" video, no overlay, layers etc etc. I click play, and when it's over, the show continue.

I have all the sound / lightning / video to do myself so I am trying to simplify things. I was hoping to find a solution where I can send a dmx value (artnet) on a computer and the computer would trigger the video for me. So let's say I have a dedicated dmx channel, and based on the value, it would play a certain video.

Would you guys know a freeware solution for this? Mac if possible but I can use PC if required?

Thanks!

Use "Quartz Composer" with a plug-in from Synthe FX called "Pixelnode"; https://synthe-fx.com/products/pixelnode.

How did you get on with this? If you're still looking for a solution you might take a look at Chamsys MagicHD which is free to install on a PC or Mac. You can have one HD output active from each free installation and control is natively artnet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back