Simple QLab question

rainyrose

Hi,
I'm a student in college and I've used QLab to run a few shows. However, I haven't used it in several months and now can't get it to work. I have 2.3.4, the free downloadable version. I usually do small edits in GarageBand and then export to iTunes. After iTunes I drag it onto my desktop and save it in a new folder. I then import it into QLab from that folder. However, now I keep getting the red x. The target at the bottom just says the folder it's in. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm doing wrong.
Thanks

Start by clicking preferences, then audio and checking that output 1 has a little yellow patch line drawn to your output. Most likely your built in output. If not connect the 2.
Let me know if this doesn't make the x go away
Addison

What do you mean by "I can't get it to work"? Is Fatcatpro correct in his assumption that the audio isn't working or is it something else entirely?

Well cue lab gives the "red x" when not all of the parameters are set in order to get the audio to the output. This could be anything from an incorrect target file, if a level got unselected somehow or the patch isn't set. The most common problem I have when I get the red x is because the auto patch set didn't patch the way you want or there is no patch what so ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back