The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Simpler might be better sometimes

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Eboy87, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Eboy87

Eboy87 Well-Known Member

Ok, so, this group rents out our theater for a few days, about an hour before the first (and only) rehersal, I find myself as the LD. So, during the rehersal, I'm still finding out what the director wants for lighting. So, I stay late, focusing, and come in early the next day to finish focusing and programming.

About an hour before the first performance, I still had to focus a red wash to make it seem a little spooky. I only had a few S4's on the FOH catwalk free, plus a few circuts on the grid electrics. So, use those 4 s4's for downstage, and in a fit of "good enough", put two fresnels on the grid electric to light upstage. It turned out much better than I thought, and everyone really liked it

I forgot to take a pic of the electric, so this is an older pic, but here's where I hung the fresnels. I had them on the electrics furthest back, as onstage as I could get them. There's an old fresnel right in the spot I had it, and the same thing was SR.

Sorry if it seems like I'm tooting my horn, but this is only my second show as LD, and I'm a little giddy. That, and the pic didn't turn out quite the way I wanted.
  2. gabe

gabe Member

Looks great! I sure know the feeling of last minute focusing, god it's awful.