Sisal Floor

SandiTof

Hi -- I'm here for the first time! I help manage a 72-seat theatre in a town of less than 2000 people. It's a black box theatre, used mainly for one play a year, movies once a week, live concerts once a month or so, and various community events. The whole place is black except for the stage floor, which is sand-coloured.
This is where my question comes in: the floor is original (1983) and has very thin sisal laid all over it. We have been painting it every few years, but the person who did that has left and I don't know what kind of paint to use! Any ideas?

Call the person that did it previously?

Look around for loose cans of paint in that color.

Scrape a piece off and take it to paint store.

Hey! Welcome aboard! If you do a search for "floor paint" I bet you'll get many results. This is a discussion that comes up a lot. Some folks like a 'Real' purposed floor paint. Some people just use their local suppliers Basic Latex paint. I found that a good coat of a standard latex paint with a Matte finish Acrylic floor finish like "Safety Satin" works really well. You can usually find it or a similar product in a Janitorial supply store or order it on line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back