Sky scene gel combinations

Ethan

at my high school I'm the light design guy (for the years before I was there it was just on and off with the lights no design happening) I'm very new, hoping to make a career if I continue to enjoy it as much as I do right now
So for our schools talent show we are going for bright background colors with subtle earth toned set pieces and costumes. Sort of a contrast. I'm needing good gels to light the cyclorama to make 1. midnight 2. sunset 3. daytime
thank you so much ahead of time ! (the image i'm attaching is sort of small, but maybe it can give ideas of what I'm going for)
47ae86e10a7ef690b622b9221486bbde.jpg

at my high school I'm the light design guy (for the years before I was there it was just on and off with the lights no design happening) I'm very new, hoping to make a career if I continue to enjoy it as much as I do right now
So for our schools talent show we are going for bright background colors with subtle earth toned set pieces and costumes. Sort of a contrast. I'm needing good gels to light the cyclorama to make 1. midnight 2. sunset 3. daytime
thank you so much ahead of time ! (the image i'm attaching is sort of small, but maybe it can give ideas of what I'm going for)View attachment 12385
okay the image is showing up pretty good sized, I think our schools tech director wants a sort of "the elements theme"

Four cells! That makes things easier!

Night: Go for something saturated, but decide whether you want very dark blue or purple. If you're looking through gel books go above the 60's in Rosco, or comparable in the others (I'm a rosco guy myself). Daytime: I'm a fan of the R60-62's, Sunset all depends on how you want to do it. If cou cant light top and bottom separately I'd go for something in the orange or pink, and add some cloud gobos as side scrapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back