Slash Line (noun)?

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
Students only for one week, please.
Submitted by a member.

What and where would one find the slash line?

Forgot to mention...
Hint: Has nothing to do with baseball player statistics.
Nor numerators\denominators.

More clues please, does it have any thing to do with fighting forest fires, or maybe scurrilous fanfic?

The shop. Cut on the slash line?

Five days is not seven, so wait until Monday. And yes.

It would help if the thread title started with "STUDENTS" or "QOD". Clicking on "new posts" does not emphasize that its in the question of the day forum much at all.

It would help if the thread title started with "STUDENTS" or "QOD". Clicking on "new posts" does not emphasize that its in the question of the day forum much at all.
@BillConnerFASTC Now Bill now. It's well into Monday, go for it.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Well let's see, @JonCarter would that knife sometimes be one of those carpet layers knives with the curved blade? Would there also have been a bucket of sand nearby? And as for @Amiers I remember from high school shop, you drew a cut line, then made slash marks on the offcut side.

Geezerish diversion: Does anyone remember that thing you used to see in projection booths. It was a wall mounted bracket with an inverted teardrop shaped glass bottle filled with a red liquid.

@JohnD, We know what it is, right? Let's see how long it takes the youngsters to come up with something. Hints:
- What's the first thing a new crew member is told the existence of?
- What's the first things a new crew member is told the location of?
- What's the first thing a new crew member is shown & explained?
- What's the first thing a new crew member is threatened with death if they touched?

The only thing I can come up with for your projection booth goodie is a carbon tet fire extinguisher.

I'm sure the slash line is short for slasher line. IE on certain types of movie sets, the line beyond which you are likely to be splattered with faux blood. Kind of like the splash line at SeaWorld.

Some of your hints are making me think Fire Curtain, or the line it falls to.

Well let's see, @JonCarter
Geezerish diversion: Does anyone remember that thing you used to see in projection booths. It was a wall mounted bracket with an inverted teardrop shaped glass bottle filled with a red liquid.

You mean a fire grande? Pretty interesting in concept, despite being closer to impractical in use.

Would it be the line that you cut to lower the fire curtain. You slash it with a knife.

Also, heres a pic of a fire grenade.
proxy.php

sweetchildbass.jpg

Now THAT's a Slash Line!

Seems every thing has two or three names it's known by..
But a hookbill knife chained to a sign just off stage brings one to mind .
My dad (a carpenter) taught me to to put a slash on the kerf side of the cut line. But he rarely stepped onto a stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back