The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Control/Dimming Small ML Console

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by DCATTechie, Dec 8, 2008.

1. DCATTechie

DCATTechie Active Member

Got a gig with a few LED Pars, 1kw Pars, and 2 ADJ DJ Spot 250's. I need to pick up a console that can control all of these fixtures. I'd prefer something made for ML's so I don't have to adjust attributes on faders, but on encoders. Also, I'd like the console to have profiles already built in, or they are easy to make and add to the console for the DJ Spot 250's. Unfortunately, my price range max's out at $200, and even that is pushing it. Any ideas? I'm willing to buy used and shop on ebay.

Thanks!

2. lieperjp

lieperjp Well-Known Member

Teacher
    Perhaps you could try the Chamsys MagicQ software and an Enttec Open USB DMX Pro? I haven't tried the MagicQ out live, just played with it on my computer, but it seems relatively easy to figure out.

That should cost about $150.

3. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Lieper's idea is a great one because you aren't wasting money on a dead end board with extremely limited upgrade potential. That combination will get the job done and give you a base system that you can expand upon.

If you are hooked on getting a physical console for $200 there are a few extremely basic products from Elation, AMDJ, and Chauvet that might work. There is also the possibility of gambling on a completely unknown Chinese knock off product from E-bay. I say gambling because it might break the next day or last you 20 years. Ignore the list prices on the website, call your local dealer for better prices. If you don't have an established relationship with a local dealer start one today as you'll be much better off in the future for it. Or you can send a private message to CB member [user]BillESC[/user] (an Elation/AMDJ/Chauvet dealer).

4. Jeroen

Jeroen Member