Small moving head recommendations

wawawayne

Hi all. I've got a couple of (corporate and university) studio lighting design projects going for which one client wants some movers, for gobos and possible cyc fx. Looking for suggestions for a spot/hard edge/profile (whatever you want to call it, not a wash) moving head. Smallish studio install. Req's:

Physically small (10'6 grid height)
Gobo wheel for user-replaceable custom gobos
Full color LED, at least RGBW or A
Very Quiet - this is important and rarely listed in mfr. specs
Reasonably Wide (30 degree plus-ish?) due to short throw distance
Doesn't have to be too bright, larger of 2 stages is only 30x30
Don't need shutters

I'm wading through the manufacturers but thought some of you might have had similar requirements in the past...

Thanks!

Fuze Spot from Elation, but it's not super small really. More average size.

Plan on getting demos or doing a shoot out, preferable in the space, before you and the costomer deciding on a unit. What price range are you looking at? There are a few different fixtures in smaller form factors, mostly with subtractive CMY color.

Based on your listed specs I would recommend giving ETC's Releve a good look. It has an RG-Indigo-Lime (simmilar to Corsource deep blue), zoom out to 54 degrees, 5 interchangable rotating gobos, and a very nice animation/breakup wheel that smoothly transitions through a few different patterns and sizes. And it's super modular and user serviceable to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back