Small Portable PA System

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if anyone had any opinions about the RCF408As and the EV ZXA1? If anyone has heard both of them, how do they compare? Any general opinions about RCF or EV?

These are going to be used for small indoor live music (Mainly acoustic) and eventually with an appropriate sub (or two). If anyone has any other sugestions of speakers in the same sort of price range I would be very gratefull?

Thanks,

Tim

Last edited:
I don't know the RCF's. We bought a set of the ZXA1's for my kids' elementary school. We use them for typical school assemblies and events. They sound fantastic. Real nice clean sound, a surprising amount of bass for such a small cabinet, really light weight, and powerful. I had the unpowered ZX1's at my old theater gig, and I have to say they did an amazing job making the A1's sound very similar. I had them out on the playground to pump some music for "field day" this spring. You would expect a speaker that small to get lost on a playground of kids. But I had plenty of power and could easily drown out everyone for a good 100' if I wanted to.

(If you are looking for a dealer, I bought mine from the previous poster BillESC.)

I've heard nothing but praise about the RCF Art series (and same goes for the EV ZX1a's) but admittedly haven't heard either one in action. It sounds like you have two solid contenders.

Wow! Thanks guys! I have had an overall fantastic response about the EVs from varoius forums and I think I am going to get the EVs. I will post back here when I have used them for a while.

Thanks again,

Tim

here's another fantastic response for the EVs- while I'm not a huge fan of EV, I have worked with a DJ that uses them for mains, not a bad sound, plenty of gas for dances small crowds ect, even better with subs.

Big fan of RCF and their ART series. Definitely a good option for smaller budget rigs, heaps better than Behringer or the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back