SmartBar Non-dim mode

nick_fouts

Hey all,

Does anyone know if the “Non-dim” mode on ETC SmartBars is regulated or unregulated voltage? I’ve read ETC’s page on this but am still left a bit confused. I have been using the convenience outlets to power our LED cyc lights, but we run into having to lower the batten every time we need to unplug/power off, which is daily. I was hoping the non-dim mode was unregulated so I could switch power on and off from the board. But I suppose that’s a reach…

Call them in the morning and tell them the exact fixture you are using with your smart bar and they will be able to say yes or no. If it is a no get yourself a wireless outlet on Amazon and whala no more bringing in and out pipe.

I haven't been inside one of those in quite a while, but I'd guess that if the standard dimmer racks don't provide it, the "budget" smartbars don't.

That being said, @Amiers is right, give them a call. While we always caution about plugging into any non-dim dimmer, ETC has a track record of success with that, with approval.

Not sure what you mean by "standard dimmer racks dont provide it" as all the Sensor racks can accept breaker or relay modules to provide non-dim power, CEM3 racks can use Thru-Power as well.

Sensor rack have a feature the Unison rack down, 'unregulated'. I doubt smart bars have it.

But why not just call ETC? They won't tell at you for asking a question!

Not sure what you mean by "standard dimmer racks dont provide it" as all the Sensor racks can accept breaker or relay modules to provide non-dim power, CEM3 racks can use Thru-Power as well.
I was referring to the standard D20s, or the standard dimming modules in most racks. I wouldn't consider breaker, relay, or Thru-Powers to be standard. Even though they are a spectacularly good idea to have a few around.

Good Morning

When you say "Regulated" do you mean controllable or voltage stabilized
The SmartBar " Non-Dim " function is controllable
however, SCR dimmers have a bit of "leakage" so the LEDs power source is never really cold / de-energized.
You may want a DMX relay. Old style mechanical switch.

ETC Dimming from CEM classic on, including SmartBar, had a controllable "Non dim " function

Disclaimer
Its been a LOOOOOONG time since I've had my hands on....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back