Smartfade ML

kib0913

I have the smartfade ml lighting board with the chauvet intimidator 250. Can someone explain how I to control these lights using this board? They are not listed in the menu on the board. I was able to get control of them once before, but we dont use them often so I have forgotten the steps. I would appreciate any help.

Hi kib0913,

There are several things that could be happening to cause you to not have control over these fixtures. The first issue to overcome is patching the fixtures. I suspect by your statement
... They are not listed in the menu on the board. ...
that when you had control of them before you had created a user personality for that fixture type. In the most recent release of SmartFade ML software (v. 3.0.0) the fixture library changed to allow each user to import the personalities that they needed from the Fixtures Personality Library. Personality Library version 6.6.5 includes a basic and advanced mode personality for Chauvet Intimidator Spot 250. (Attached is the fader and control command mapping used in v. 6.6.5)
View attachment Chauvet Intimidator Spot 250 v6.6.5.pdf

Depending on your current software version, you may be able to import that fixture from the personality library to your new show, patch the fixture, and control them. If you had used a user personality, you should be able to select that personality again when patching your devices. Because the process for patching can be lengthy to explain on a forum, I would recommend that you refer to the SmartFade ML manual as well as the video tutorials for a step-by-step process.

If you have them patched in the console, but are still not able to control them, the next step I would suggest that you verify the address of the fixture against the address used in your patch. Each fixture should match the address you provided to the console when patching. If they do not, you will either need to change the fixture address to match the console, or change the console's patch to match your fixture's address.

If your patch is correct, but you still can't control the lights, your next step would be to verify your data path and make sure that DMX is getting from the console to your fixtures. At the same time that you are doing that, you can also verify that the fixtures are powered on properly and believe that they should be working correctly.

Additionally, ETC Technical Support is free to call at 800-688-4116, where you can speak with a technician who can help walk you through any of these processes. Unless it is a show critical emergency, we do ask that you call on Monday - Friday between 8am - 5pm Central Time when the technical support team will be in the office to better assist you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back