SmartFade Question

TDChris

I picked up a SmartFade for my son to mess around with, and we are constantly forced to reset the board in order for it to work. Any ideas why that might be? Do you think it is repairable, or should I just cut my losses?

What is the board doing (or not doing) that causes you to have to reset it? What do you mean by "reset" power cycling it? Does the board retain its patch and cues when you reset?

~Dave

Sorry for being vague.

Basically, when it is powered up, there is no control using the sliders. In order to remedy this, we go into the menu and delete all settings. That fixes the issue as far as we can tell.

It might be worth checking if it has the latest firmware on it? The SmartFade updated via SD card, and those aren't hard to find yet. Looks like the last was v3.0.2, released back in 2011.

You should try calling ETC when you're in front of the board and have it in the "broken" state. They will be able to run you through some tests to help identify more specifically what's going on with it. Repair is very likely to be an option, since they support everything they've ever made.

Please call ETC Phone Support. They are there to help 24/7/365. In this case as it's a non-emergency please call M-F during Business Hours (Central Time).
Main Line - Ask for Tech Support, or afterhours it will connect you to phone support and they call you back within 15 minutes of your voicemail.
608-831-4116

There are also some great help articles on the ETC support page: https://support.etcconnect.com/Special:Search?q=smartfade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back