smartfade smartsoft trouble

GJS

Hey,

Iám trying to connect a smartfade LM to a PC ( windows xp 32bit). It is possible to put new software in the desk through the usb poort so there is a connection. But the pc wil not see the desk. there is a pci device driver thing... The desk stays offline
anyone?

1: Make sure you have the correct driver installed. I kept installing the wrong driver (Even though the ETC forum stated that the driver I was installing was correct.) You should have the SMARTFADE.src file (This updates the console) and the SFdownloader.exe file, available on the ETC website:

SmartFadeML Downloads

2: I found that for some reason with my computer, I would have to have the SmartFade off, attach the USB cord to the computer and board, then turn the SmartFade on. (Be sure to read Step four before powering on the console)

3: Make sure you're trying to upload the SmartFadeML (SMRTFDML.scr) file and not the SmartFade (SMARTFADE.scr) file.

4: After all this, be sure you are starting the console in TEST MODE. Do this by holding down the menu button while pushing the power button. Select SELF-TEST from the on-screen menu (on the SF) and do what it tells you to do. You really can skip through most of the tests until you get to the Firmware upgrade test, which is the very last test. Select yes when it asks you if you want to update your firmware. After you have selected yes the console will attempt to connect with your PC.

If you are still having problems, run a search on the ETC Forum listed above. Be sure to read page 74 of the SmartFadeML User Manual. (Note: The hyperlink opens the PDF file for you.)

Also, be sure to open the SmartFade downloader on your PC becofore turning the console on. (Make that Step 3.5?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back