Snap on nighlights for aisle light? SnapPower

Aaron Clarke

Okay, has anyone every worked with these nap on 'night light' plug covers.

Something like this-

https://www.snappower.com/snaprays-guidelight/

The theatre I work in has NO aisle lights and frankly I've almost taken rolls down the balcony aisle myself a couple of times. They have outlets around that with a few of these I could see it improving safety aspect. Its not perfect but a real simple improvement. Any experience would be welcome or any concerns one could think of?

My first thought is the conductors on the outlet need to be exposed in the box. If they are wrapped in electric tape, which is my practice when I install, I'll be SOL without pulling the outlet out which I don't want to do.

Hadn't thought about glow in the dark. It would be an improvement as well. Being an old vaudeville hall the balcony is high and steep. Even with a modestly lit stage the spill is not enough and its impossible to see some the steps.

If I had any use of these at home I'd just buy a small pack to see how bright they are but I have no need for them at all. Facebook keeps putting the ad in my feed so I thought maybe the gods were trying to tell me something. ;)

Another solution stolen from arenas is your use anot ers - an LED profile and a S4WRD is a good choice - over top and foot - of mistly straight aisles - framed to aisle and of course dimmed.

I second the ers solution. Depending on the size of your space, an MR16 ERS solution is very affordable compared to proper aisle lighting. Source4 mini or cheap framing projector trackheads on monopoint canopies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back