The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Snow Effect

Discussion in 'Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control' started by jerekb, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jerekb

jerekb Member

Anyone know where I can find a projectable snow effect like a video loop preferably something down loadable and free I want something thats just black with little white things falling I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Any help would be great? (P.S. I'm in a bit of a time crunch.)

2. themuzicman

themuzicman Well-Known Member

Audio Engineer
    Ideas:

Film it yourself, get some white things (fake snow?) film it in front of a flat back background.

Get a light, drop stuff in front of it.

Rig a snow bag (I was able to bootleg one on a time crunch in 20 minutes one show, ingenuity helps).

3. NickJones

NickJones Active Member

A few options,
    If you have Mac, get yourself a copy of Apple's Motion, its always better to make one yourself that way you get good quality video as it will be projected onto a big screen,
    If you have a PC or can't get a copy of Motion use Flash 8,
    If you are really tight, this can be done with PowerPoint, a clip art picture of a snowflake, custom animation and a Powerpoint To video/a lot of copy & pasting slides.

If you do go for the snow bag option it will be a (insert atlernate word for female dog here) to clean up.
    Cheers
    Nick