So here's a new one.....

I got tossed on a small project with a shoestring budget and the are using CubeEcho's for some uplighting.

But for the life of me I can not find any personalities for it anywhere (I run EOS). I have never in my 23 years of this work been unable to at least find one to download from the mftcr.

Anyone even heard of this light before? Heck I hadn't even heard of Eternal Lighting before.

Also if anyone has a workable personality for them you can share, you get a donut.

I got tossed on a small project with a shoestring budget and the are using CubeEcho's for some uplighting.

But for the life of me I can not find any personalities for it anywhere (I run EOS). I have never in my 23 years of this work been unable to at least find one to download from the mftcr.

Anyone even heard of this light before? Heck I hadn't even heard of Eternal Lighting before.

Also if anyone has a workable personality for them you can share, you get a donut .
@Wubbles121; What kind of donut and what size??
Posting from north of Donald's walls.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Have you tried the EOS forums at ETCconnect.com? You can request a profile there. If you don't have the fixture manual handy you might try to get a copy. It seems there are several fixtures called CubeEcho so you would need to know the actual model.

If I were you I would just put the fixture in 6 channel mode and patch it to a Generic RGBAWUv. Than you would need to swap the white and amber in the fixture editor.
Another option would be to patch it as a Generic RGBWAI and change intensity to Uv.

upload_2019-1-18_11-34-48.png

It's really pretty simple to do, just enter patch. Patch the fixture to the Generic RGBAWUv to whatever address you want. Than hit the soft-key for Fixtures, select RGBAWUv from the list, double click White, change it to Amber under the color drop-down. Double click the original Amber and change it to White under the color drop-down. Don't forget to change the label.

In older versions of 2.6 and below I believe, you have to select the fixture type and then click copy first. and than you can modify the copy. You than have to re-patch to the copied fixture. Note: You have to patch it twice because if you don't patch it in the first place it doesn't show up in the fixture editor.

Fixture manual is here:
http://www.eternallighting.com/product/cubeecho-mk3-rgbwauv
ETC manual is here:
https://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737496990

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-18_11-33-22.png
    upload_2019-1-18_11-33-22.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 122
So in case anyone else runs into this oh so fun fixture, in my case it was a compounding pile of oddball mishaps that were running me in circles....

1. I was indeed patching them as generic fixtures (I've been programming Eos since the beginning of Eos so wasn't in the dark on that one.) However, that will do you no good if the cheap Chinese TXMitter specific to these lights isn't actually transmitting.
2. Turns out that occasionally a rogue cheap Chinese unit itself will occasionally attempt to transmit signals as a master/slave configured master unit while plugged in to charge in it's case, despite all transmit and power switches being turned off.
3. If you finally just say F&*%K this and attempt to set them as a static color, you can't actually do this from the "manual" menu option as is common, but rather from a slightly more hidden "color" menu in which you have to save the color as Custom Color A/B/C/etc in order for it not to cycle through random colors on you.
4. You know you should be skeptical when you realize the manufacturer has an 800 number with a section specifically for technical issues because their lights make no sense.

Bottom line: no matter my budget, I will NOT be using these again. Honestly wouldn't have chosen them in the first place but last minute budget slashing begging event coordinators who can't make decisions end up with whatever I can get my hands on in mere days when there's also large rentals going out throughout the city from nearly every shop. ::eyeroll::

So in case anyone else runs into this oh so fun fixture, in my case it was a compounding pile of oddball mishaps that were running me in circles....

1. I was indeed patching them as generic fixtures (I've been programming Eos since the beginning of Eos so wasn't in the dark on that one.) However, that will do you no good if the cheap Chinese TXMitter specific to these lights isn't actually transmitting.
2. Turns out that occasionally a rogue cheap Chinese unit itself will occasionally attempt to transmit signals as a master/slave configured master unit while plugged in to charge in it's case, despite all transmit and power switches being turned off.
3. If you finally just say F&*%K this and attempt to set them as a static color, you can't actually do this from the "manual" menu option as is common, but rather from a slightly more hidden "color" menu in which you have to save the color as Custom Color A/B/C/etc in order for it not to cycle through random colors on you.
4. You know you should be skeptical when you realize the manufacturer has an 800 number with a section specifically for technical issues because their lights make no sense.

Bottom line: no matter my budget, I will NOT be using these again. Honestly I wouldn't have chosen them in the first place but last minute budget slashing begging event coordinators who can't make decisions end up with whatever I can get my hands on in mere days when there's also large rentals going out throughout the city from nearly every shop. ::eyeroll::
@dvsDave This lady's got a lot in her favor; A brain in her head, uses it, is polite, writes in correctly spelled cohesive sentences, has a sense of humor and she's in your and @gafftaper 's neighborhood. @Wubbles121 reads like a keeper to me.
From north of Donald's walls.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back