So, why should you go to The NAMM Show?

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
ControlBooth and NAMM have teamed up to make it as easy as possible for you to visit Anaheim, enjoy some Southern Californian sunshine and experience the entertainment technology event of the year.

https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2020/controlbooth-member-invitation

Use Promo code CBATNAMM to get a $50 registration rate through January 6 and can be inputted during a brief registration process.

If you are a student/educator, tickets are only $35 until January 6th. (Will need to prove enrollment/staff status with NAMM to be eligible).

So, why should you go to NAMM? The 2020 NAMM Show is unlike any other conference in our industry.
  1. It's massive. It's hard to take in how much square footage there is of gear and stuff on display.
  2. It’s in Anaheim, California… in the middle of January. It’s a welcome break from shoveling snow for many of us!
  3. Shockingly, It's actually pretty darn quiet. The NAMM organizers have strict rules on the max levels that a booth can emit. You can actually hear yourself think on the show floor. Booths that want to do a big demo have to rent a room that's right on the show floor in many cases to do any intense demos.
  4. MOST* of the classes, sessions, and trainings are INCLUDED in your badge price. That’s right. No additional cost, although some sessions require additional registration ahead of time and many have limited # of seats available at the sessions. *(AES Academy requires a separate badge, pricing here)
  5. ESTA-Curated Sessions offering four tracks: Lighting & Electrical, Lighting Networking, Rigging and Safety. An opportunity to get free ETCP renewal credits.
  6. Pro Production Sessions by FOH & PLSN
  7. Entertainment Technology sessions by Lighting & Sound America / PLASA and hosted by Richard Cadena.
  8. Light Console Training - Test-drive and get hands-on with lighting consoles from Avolites, Chauvet and MA Lighting, including the grandMA—presented by ACT Lighting.
  9. TEC Tracks - Big-picture interviews and round-table sessions on high-profile topics in recording, live sound and music business, featuring innovative ideas from industry leaders.
  10. For some of our members, there’s a great offering by the Nonprofit Management Institute that is a series of six progressive sessions that cover best practices, fundraising, communication, and governance.
  11. Want some fun outside of the show? It’s only a couple of blocks away from Disneyland Park and California Adventure.
  12. Ask anyone who’s met the CB crew at any of the tradeshows we attend, they’ll tell you that we don’t do anything without food. There’s not a shortage of great food in the area, something that @gafftaper and I can detail in a future post.
UPDATED: added link to Light Console Training sessions!

Last edited:
13. Your very own Rigging Curmudgeon (that’s me!) presenting an ESTA-curated session on Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.

You'll find @dvsDave and me at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles for breakfast and a couple of miles down the road at Los Sanchez Mexican Restaurant most evenings. :drool:

13. Your very own Rigging Curmudgeon (that’s me!) presenting an ESTA-curated session on Mobile Elevated Work Platforms.
I think you should form a band called Ethan and the MEWPS

All excellent reasons to attend! Don't forget the Behind the Scenes Happy Hour fundraiser and the Parnelli's as well!

Yes, ControlBooth is a sponsor of the Behind The Scenes Happy Hour and we hope to see you there!

Heads up! Today is the last day to register for The NAMM Show 2020 at the discounted rates! You have until 11:59:59 PM (Pacific time) today, Jan 6th!

Got the updated info on the free Light Console Training sessions, presented by ACT Lighting, Avo, and Chauvet!

I am really excited, not exactly sure how we are going to fit in all these opportunities over the length of the show, but it's gonna be fun! Speaking for myself, I know I need to get better acquainted with some of these consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back