Some fun things on Ebay

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Found some fun things in the Vintage Stage Lighting bin of Ebay:

How about a Skirpan 12 channel light console!
Its got a sweet glow to it! Somebody's got to have a story about one of these.
proxy.php

Vintage Mogul Light Projectors
... somebody want to give me a history lesson on these please?

There's the Celco 60 Major... a brand I'm not familiar with.

Hey Groovy Derek you've got to get one of these for your Den. It's a sound sensitive color organ light box made by Radio Shack!

Um Yeah.. Vintage American DJ product? "it might well date back to the 1960's or 1970's"... or it might not.

Last edited:
We had some of those helicopters in a club back in the early 90's. I wouldn't call that vintage.

Personally, I wouldn't call any disco light "vintage" unless it was made by Coemar or Clay Paky and built before 1980.

Celco is still around, but I haven't heard that much about 'em recently, so they're probably not doing much business. .: CELCO LTD :.

my uncle had a few of those light boxes in his basement that I remember seeing and thinking they were the coolest thing way back when I was knee high, maybe he is why I ended up being a lighting guy!

Skirpan! Wow, I haven't even heard anyone mention that name since about 1978. I do remember them, used in small non-profit theaters.

Vintage Mogul Light Projectors? Heee... Old lamphouses from carbon arc projectors. Probably full of Asbestos!

Can't say I remember the Celco 60....

As for the "Color Organs", I wouldn't be surprised if Radio Shack still sells them!

The real surprise for me was the Helicopter Lights. I've seen them hanging around since the 70s, but never knew that ADJ had been around that long! Guess I never looked at one close up!

Gaff/Mark, you're an odd duck. I had been on ebay the night before and didn't see a single one of these items. Very peculiar that stuff most of us has thrown away after storing for many years of disuse is now seemingly commanding premium prices.

Skirpan 12 channel light console!
It's very pretty, but sadly, not in it's original wrapper.

Vintage Mogul Light Projectors...
Price is ridiculous, and as JD said, equipment is a health hazard. Funny that two are Strong and two are Ballantyne, which is now the same company.

the Celco 60 Major...
Oh the shame of your ignorance. At one time the rock lighting world, especially in the UK, was strictly divided into Avo-people and Celco-people.

these
Somewhere in my parents' house in Ohio is an exact duplicate, but mine used a Heathkit color organ if I'm not mistaken.

Vintage American DJ product?
Could be as young as ten years old. I've said AmDJ began in the mid/late '80s, by importing Ness products from Europe.

In following your links I found this truly rare, one-of-a-kind, and unique, mass-produced, covered in patina (rust), and containing carcinogenic material, item. Only $15 + $20 shipping.
Vintage 8" stage light is in fair condition. Item has some surface rust and paint peeling/chipping. Includes C-clamp and ceramic receptical w/original electrical cord. Sold As-Is for parts.
proxy.php

My dad used to make light boxes like those ones from radioshack. They're not sound sensitive but look very cool none the less. all you need is a box, some funky plastic stuff for the front, tin foil, christmas lightsthat blink and of course, some gaff tape.

In following your links I found this truly rare, one-of-a-kind, and unique, mass-produced, covered in patina (rust), and containing carcinogenic material, item. Only $15 + $20 shipping.
Vintage 8" stage light is in fair condition. Item has some surface rust and paint peeling/chipping. Includes C-clamp and ceramic receptical w/original electrical cord. Sold As-Is for parts.
proxy.php

Remember, if you stick it on a telescope tripod, you can sell it for $300.

Remember, if you stick it on a telescope tripod, you can sell it for $300.

And say things like "this beautiful light is preserved in it's original condition from when it left the sound stages of Hollywood." ...Or middle school gymnatorium. Same difference...

We have two of those consoles in the back of our old theatre, I've been wanting to give them a spin.

the Celco 60 Major...
Oh the shame of your ignorance. At one time the rock lighting world, especially in the UK, was strictly divided into Avo-people and Celco-people.

Sorry while I was in High School I didn't get called to do many rock shows in the UK :rolleyes:

these
Somewhere in my parents' house in Ohio is an exact duplicate, but mine used a Heathkit color organ if I'm not mistaken.
Raise your hand if you didn't see that one coming.

Pshaw, the coolest antique on ebay right now is this baby

proxy.php

check it out

Ebay is a wonderful tool.

When Radio City Music Hall converted over to Source 4's I was able to buy all of their Altman 360Q's (just under 500 units.) I posted them on Ebay and sold everyone of them within 2 weeks.

I hear you can get cheap behringer desks off ebay

proxy.php

only used once

or a nice distro, slight water damage
proxy.php

How about a technoray
proxy.php

Last edited:
How about a slightly used VL3000

Isn't that lovely...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back