Somewhat Random Question

dj_illusions said:
its theatre!!!! the only thing that spells it theater out here is Microsoft Word lol..... but yes, wolf I think it was is right theatre is british, which is where our language is from whilst you yanks tend to spell stuff whack like color, which is just weird! youze cant say route either lol

LOL - nice introduction of the good old Aussie word "youze" into the forum!

When it comes to pronunciation - Aluminium is my all time personal fave :)

Oh - by the way, you can slap MS Office products into using English (Australian) rather than English (American) which is the default.

Unfortunately, Aluminum (one I) is the more correct way to say it - it's closer to the Latin root Alumina. The British modified it to -ium to fit more closely with Helium, Cesium, Barium etc.

I prefer -ium, too, but hey.

i prefer THEATRE myself- theater makes you look and sound uncouth/uncultered

I agree, I like theatre and the pronounciation of aluminum is cool. 8)

yeah nice one mayhem!

the other one that always makes me laugh is the way they say bouy... the one that floats in the sea... its BOY not BOOEE lol

dj_illusions said:
its theatre!!!! the only thing that spells it theater out here is Microsoft Word lol..... but yes, wolf I think it was is right theatre is british, which is where our language is from whilst you yanks tend to spell stuff whack like color, which is just weird! youze cant say route either lol

Ahh, Color vs Colour...hehehehe. :) Yea us yanks are a bit off the end on stuff...but every country everywhere is 'off', if you compare it to another. One thing that I love the most about other places & traveling--learning how others do the same daily stuff and refer to it. But Slang is slang wherever you go and its unique to the location...I mean don't you lads down under refer to morningl Breakfast "brecky"... :)

-wolf

wolf825 said:
I mean don't you lads down under refer to morningl Breakfast "brecky"... :)

-wolf
We most certainly do Wolf, but we like nothing more that cracking a tinnie and throwing a snag or two on the barbie!

Mayhem said:
wolf825 said:
I mean don't you lads down under refer to morningl Breakfast "brecky"... :)

-wolf
We most certainly do Wolf, but we like nothing more that cracking a tinnie and throwing a snag or two on the barbie!

:lol: hehehe...well I love terms from all over the world so you will surely have to explain what a tinnie is (a fish of sorts?) to me. :)

-wolf

dj_illusions said:
a tinnie would be a can of beer, wolf :p lol

Interesting....a "tinnie" over here (least around baltimore and the shores) would be a tin of sardines or other canned fish.. :D

Be careful what ya order over here.. LOL :lol:

-wolf

LOL yeah thatd be kinda fatal... ordering a tinnie and getting urghh fish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back