Sound at the Super Bowl

Jay Ashworth

I don't remember seeing this here before, so, courtesy of PA Of The Day on Facebook, here's a Verge interview with Patrick Baltzell, who's designed and run sound for the preshow and halftime performances for most of the last 25 years or so...

It gets about halfway down into the nitty gritty, but it's still pretty informative.

Only act to play the whole gig hard-live?

You will be unsurprised to learn it was Prince.

I don't remember seeing this here before, so, courtesy of PA Of The Day on Facebook, here's a Verge interview with Patrick Baltzell, who's designed and run sound for the preshow and halftime performances for most of the last 25 years or so...

It gets about halfway down into the nitty gritty, but it's still pretty informative.

Only act to play the whole gig hard-live?

You will be unsurprised to learn it was Prince.
He was here in Moline 2 am emergency airport stop April 15 before he passed. He was gone on the 21st Word was he needed opioid bail out "unresponsive male", He was treated locally but refused to be admitted and got back on the plane for Minneapolis. What a waste. I've never understood why each celeb we lose that way doesn't learn from all the others lost before.

He was here in Moline 2 am emergency airport stop April 15 before he passed. He was gone on the 21st Word was he needed opioid bail out "unresponsive male", He was treated locally but refused to be admitted and got back on the plane for Minneapolis. What a waste. I've never understood why each celeb we lose that way doesn't learn from all the others lost before.
I'll assume you mean Mr Nelson, not Mr Baltzell, and in his case unlike most there were actually special circumstances - likely stemming from the fact that he was a fairly observant Jehovah's Witness. I think it was Witness.

I'll assume you mean Mr Nelson, not Mr Baltzell, and in his case unlike most there were actually special circumstances - likely stemming from the fact that he was a fairly observant Jehovah's Witness. I think it was Witness.
Nelson.. correct, but not sure whether it was himself or entourage that made the determination to go on to Minneapolis.
Whatever it was NBC report says the pilot put the plane down in a big hurry.. "Records show that the plane had landed in northwestern Illinois after descending about 45,000 feet in about 17 minutes, at points reaching 5,000 feet per minute. A pilot of this type of aircraft tells NBC News that rate would certainly be indicative of a medical emergency on-board."

Sorry for hijacking the thread.. I was alone at the Theater when I heard he died, it was actually pouring down rain outside, and I flooded the stage with purple light and sat listening to the storm for a few minutes.
IMG_6869.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back