Sound Cue Programs; Are they useful and feasible for a play?

Wow, talk about a thread back from the dead. And how things have changed - QLab wasn't around then!

Bobby, check to see if MultiPlay is listed in the cue programs sticky thread, and if it isn't, please feel free to add it.

Haha, wow this thread brought back memories.

That show ended up being run off of Mini Disks, if anyone is curious. Worked fine. If I were doing it again, qLab would be it.

if it were me

MD is the only way to go, i have never had any trouble with them and if you have good md gear you will always been impressed :)

Given the budget, an instant replay by 360 systems is quite a nice unit, particularly for this sort of thing... I won't mention which worldwide known childrens' act runs all their backing tracks off one.

Go up a grade to a redundant pair of SFX computers, MIDI triggered so both play simultaneously.

And the final step would be something like a redundant pair of Pyramix, capable of running Olympic ceremonies and not skipping a beat or from memory, dropping back to the secondary... All with redundant power, at least one of which is UPS fed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back