Sound f/x Sound Effects Websites

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
A while back I purchased "the general 6000" a great but EXPENSIVE collection of sound effects from SoundIdeas.com. I just got an e-mail that they have now placed 70,000 of their effects on-line for download at $5 each flat rate. Check it out here at StockMusic.com

Also for those who haven't searched a lot around CB you'll find a lot of us like Sounddogs.com (that's where I have been buying my individual effects from). Their prices vary from about $2-$15 depending on the length and quality of the effect.

Looks like if you are buying a short sound, Sound Dogs is the way to go but a longer sound you might get a better deal from Stock Music.

Yes there are free sources of sound effects out there but the quality is poor compared to these companies.

Last edited:
Another good site is Audiosparx.com.

Check out this old post from good old Wolf825. I don't know how many sites still work but it's worth checking out.

Like Dave, I've also delved into freesound.org. You may have to do some digging, but the brilliance of finding the perfect track is only enhanced by its price. Plus, its library is constantly growing.

Freesound.org is great! I've rarely searched and not found something I could use.
I like audionetworkplc.com for music.

I have previously used soundsnap.com they have a number of different pricing options, and the files are all pretty decent quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back