sound effects

coraljag

does anyone know where i can get a good train sound effect? I found a few free ones online, but they all suck. if anyone has one i can have, or know where to direct me to find one, i would appreciate it. thanks so much!

What kind of train? I probably have what you need, somewhat decent quality off of my GL1 videocam ;)

My two year old is obsessed with trains. I've discovered there are a lot of guys out there who make it a weekend hobby to go out and shoot video of trains going past. They catalog them organize them and post them on their websites. I've got several good ones that you could lift a great audio track off of.

If you are looking for steam engines, there are a lot of historical railroad groups that have video's posted of the train they restored.

So, don't search the sound effects. Use search terms like "train Video", "locomotive video, "train mpeg", "Steam Engine mpeg"... you'll find all kinds of good stuff you can use. If you don't find something you like let me know and I can send you some of these that my little guy loves to watch.

I need a steam engine... here's the scene: We are having a fight on top of a "moving train", and in order to acheive that effect, we are going to use sound and lights. it's "indiana jones era", so a steam engine is probably what we need. i am continuing to look for some, but with little luck.

i did try grsites... but to little avail. we need a sustained effect... most of the ones i found there were only 6 seconds long, and were very clearly of a train leaving... we need a continuous sound

Sounddogs does have a ton of stuff. I'd check there if I'd check anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back