sound equilizer

I am looking for a way to conect the Allen & Heath MixWizard WZ3:16:2 16x2 Live Mixer board I have to a laptop, but so far the only thing I've found is to buy a Digigram VXpocket v2 Stereo Laptop PCMCIA Sound Card for around $530, then download some software. I am looking for a cheaper option, but the problem is that the board is analog and I need to convert it to digital signal.

HI the vxpocket is high quality, you might also look at some of the USB connected devices, like M-audio, or the Protools Mbox etc
they can do an excellent job for about half that. The older Protools m box units are not too expensive have mic preamps, line ins monitoring and work with Protools LE so IMO are a good deal, BUT the only downside of Protools is that you MUST have the M box connected to your laptop to have it work, there is no provision for running the software only.

Sharyn

Just to throw another brand name out there (I'm in no way affiliated with them, just a happy customer) is PreSonus. They currently have at least 3 high quality recording devices out there. You are going to want to decide if you want to record just the Main RL mix off of your board, or are you going to want to record individual channels. If you are going for more channels, you are going to need a much more expensive device (and also realize that once you get into more channels and more quality you need a more and more powerful laptop to run it)

Just to throw another brand name out there (I'm in no way affiliated with them, just a happy customer) is PreSonus. They currently have at least 3 high quality recording devices out there. You are going to want to decide if you want to record just the Main RL mix off of your board, or are you going to want to record individual channels. If you are going for more channels, you are going to need a much more expensive device (and also realize that once you get into more channels and more quality you need a more and more powerful laptop to run it)

2nd the Prosonus gear, I have used the Firepod in the past and have been really happy with its quality.

Third the presonus gear. I plan to purchase a firepod (or more recent product) in a few years, when I have the dough...but I have worked with their products before, they're nice, high-quality interfaces.

have you thought about a less pro solution, like creative, or logitech.

they make stand alone usb devices that give you a few inputs, and a few outputs.

The less pro solution does offer several benifits the largest of which is price. Sure the quality wont quite be the same, but you ususually will get a much more portable device and the HUGE benifit is price.

Another question... why is the title of this thread "sound equilizer"? For your reference, a sound equalizer is not a recording interface for equaling analog signals to digital ones, an equalizer is a device that equalizes the levels of various frequencies. I belive you may find some good results arround the forum about equalizers if you do a search for Equalization or equalizers and if you dont find what your looking for about that, please post a new thread about it and we'll be happy to explain it to you.

Sorry if you already know all this and it was a simple typo or something, but incase you didnt here ya go! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back