Sound Rental In North Jersey

Have you tried Masque?

What are you looking for? We have a few members that own small sound companies in that area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What are you looking for? We have a few members that own small sound companies in that area.

I'm looking for Wireless Lavs for two weeks next month, the client I am working with wants 12 of them but I'll take what budget and availability allows.

If you want your gear to be broken, delivered late, and wrong go to one dream.

Masque is having the same supply issues PRG is, but they will try to make it work, they may have kits to rent out.

Do you need a full wireless setup or just lavs? None of the shops will rent lavs, you purchase them...

Try sound associates in Yonkers, gear works, they are slow,but they seem to have some RF in stock.

Budget $100/channel/week not including lavs.

If you come up short give SAVI up by me a call. They could ship or you could run up the thruway.

Last edited:
I used to freelance at One Dream. Surprised to see people having a bad experience with them. From the tech side it seemed like the stuff we were taking out was very well maintained and on the higher end of the spectrum. This is over ten years ago but I loved doing jobs with them for the most part. Maybe I have been stuck in Vermont for too long.

Every company has clients who have had bad experiences for whatever reason. I personally have not had issues with One Dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to freelance at One Dream. Surprised to see people having a bad experience with them. From the tech side it seemed like the stuff we were taking out was very well maintained and on the higher end of the spectrum. This is over ten years ago but I loved doing jobs with them for the most part. Maybe I have been stuck in Vermont for too long.

That was way before the owners fired their entire Local One crew, and moved from LIC to Paramus, NJ....overnight...without warning.

Well if they moved to NJ they wouldn't be able to use local one guys anymore right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically no, Paramus where they are now is local 632 - home to masque and 4-wall. Secaucus is local 59 - home to PRG and Christie lites. They could have maintained their one crew out there as most shops have one or two local one members who have retired to the jersey shops and end up being in one and 632/59. When one dream moved they gave no heads up to local 1, and just moved. They did it in hopes that their crew would quit so they could save $$$. They made no move to join 632 in NJ. There is current litigation against them for breach of contract when they broke their collective bargaining agreement with one. Sketchy stuff...they had one of the few remaining local one audio apprenticeship positions.

Last edited:
Have you tried Skylands Pro Audio out of Blairstown? They are very good and their gear is top notch! Worked with them on a high school gig and eventually got a job with them. They came out and did RF coordination and everything!

Skylands Pro Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back