Soundcraft Expression Si

drankin

Has anybody had an issue with the effects engine screen freezing up? It stopped working a few days ago so I reset the board and it worked again. But now that I have a new show written, all of the sudden the scroller knob doesn’t do anything when I push the FX button. I can see the wording on the screen, but can’t change anything. Also the effects I had recorded are not present.

I think Soundcraft has an iPad and/or Android app. Add a Wireless Access Point to the console and use the tablet to control any function with a balky switch, knob or fader... at least to get you through a rehearsal. If using the tablet does not give you control, the problem could be corrupted firmware, a data bus issue inside the console (think - like the ribbon cables in analog mixers that would become intermittent), failing RAM or failing SD card (the mixer OS and scene memory use it). The key is using the tablet will help you determine if the problem is with a physical control (or the connections to them): if everything works on the tablet, it's a hardware issue; if there is no difference, it's likely a software issue.

While I loathe FaceSpace, there is an active Soundcraft user community there. You might try them, too.

Thank you. I loaded the default show and the effects work fine. But when I set the exact same levels on an effects and Jen, there is absolutely no effects in the show I am working on.

Thank you. I loaded the default show and the effects work fine. But when I set the exact same levels on an effects and Jen, there is absolutely no effects in the show I am working on.
Then *that* problem is in your console configuration as saved in your new show file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back