Source 4 as follow spot

I was on top of the cues though. They would have come in a good 30 seconds early. As it was, because they insisted on controlling fades, I gave them power about 5 seconds early, when the light came on, they were supposed to know to hit their target, and open the douser.
By acquiescing to your SpotOps, you negated the need to run the intensity via the board. You KNOW how I would have handled them.;)

By the way, that Lycian Model# 1206 (?) doesn't come from the factory with an isolated lamp, and has fan-cooling. You DID modify it so the dimmer was controlling the lamp only and had the remainder plugged into constant power, correct? If not, I'll have to crosspost this in the "what's wrong in these pictures" thread!

By acquiescing to your SpotOps, you negated the need to run the intensity via the board. You KNOW how I would have handled them.;)
By the way, that Lycian Model# 1206 (?) doesn't come from the factory with an isolated lamp, and has fan-cooling. You DID modify it so the dimmer was controlling the lamp only and had the remainder plugged into constant power, correct? If not, I'll have to crosspost this in the "what's wrong in these pictures" thread!

:lol: You honestly think the 1206 was modded?

HEY! I never-ever thought of that modification. That's so brilliant, I might have to mention it to my old high school tech director.

(Sorry for the hijack)

HEY! I never-ever thought of that modification. That's so brilliant, I might have to mention it to my old high school tech director.

(Sorry for the hijack)
Not directed at you, DarSax. Someone has to say it. Don't try this at your school/workplace/home, unless supervised by a qualified individual. Altering the wiring of a fixture will void it's warranty and could lead to equipment damage, shock, electrocution, or fire!

I had the 'pleasure' of using a s4 as a spot this summer...:rolleyes:

...all summer...
If you're running it N/C rotate the barrel all the way one way or the other...(with no source 4 in front of me, it's kind of hard to talk you through this)...but you'll notice that directly from the back of the instrument...along the top, there is a screw and now further down there should be a mark to line up your aiming.

Worked all summer. mind you this only works with a normal barrel, nothing goofy like a 10 or 5 degree. Sorry if this is really vague. Happy 2008 techiegirly :). Hopefully this helps...I'm on aim...most of the time if you want to chat about it though.

Thanks,
Phil

Welcome back, phil000. I was afraid we may have lost you.:pray: Some of us are currently playing a "who can use the oddest smiley, in an appropriate way" game. Was your S4's intensity controlled by you (local dimmer) or by the board? And did they warn you when it was coming on? Since you ran it all summer (Porthouse?) think back to during techs, when you didn't know the show.

Welcome back, phil000. I was afraid we may have lost you.:pray: Some of us are currently playing a "who can use the oddest smiley, in an appropriate way" game. Was your S4's intensity controlled by you (local dimmer) or by the board? And did they warn you when it was coming on? Since you ran it all summer (Porthouse?) think back to during techs, when you didn't know the show.

Oh, it was all me...it took some practice with the teching of it...but we ended up getting it down...
it takes a bit more than some schoolwork to lose me derek (insert odd smiley here?)

I own a S4 zoom (10 to 15 deg) that I rent out as a follow spot to a number of small venues. I have the balance yoke installed, an iris a 1kw dimmer mounted on the side plus I installed a handle. just to make it nice I also included a Times Sqare colour boomerang on the front. To make this thing move smoothly i installed bearings onto the stand so it moves without any effort and it is smooth. It is balanced so when you take your hand of the handle it does not move. In side by side trials with an Altman comet and and Altman QS1000 it gives a brighter circle of light on the stage with a nice sharp edge - I have tried it up to sixty feet.

Customers who have used it comment on how easy it is to use compared with other follow spots they have tried. Good for small venues, schools and churches - not for ice rinks and theatres with large auditoriums. have fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back