Source for sockets on cords for hanging edison lamps

Joshualangman

Hi all,

Would someone recommend a cheap source for an edison lamp socket on a cord with an edison plug at the end? I'm finding them in all kinds of boutique shops, but I'm going to need a lot of them, and they don't have to be pretty, and I feel like they shouldn't be as expensive as the ones I'm seeing online. (To clarify what I'm looking for, it's what you would have if you took a cliplight and removed the aluminum shield. Which I could do, but I'd rather just get them without the shield.)

Thank you!

Josh

Shop clip lights and throw away the bell and clip. Every big box hdw store has clip lights.

All the ones on the Homedepot site are ungrounded. They have 4 varieties available. 60W, 75W, 150W or 300W.

What wattage? I see Lowes has some between $2-$4 that might work for you.
You would need to terminate them yourself so factor in a bit more for the plugs. How many do you need in total?

These are $2.40 a unit, with a hook to hang from. Simple to wire up with zip cord. https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/8313/CAGE-521WP.html

I once used something like these to make several "strings" of hanging lights for a show. It's cheap and made a really cool look, just be sure you know what you are doing with the electrical load rating of your power cable. Zip cord is probably not the best choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back