Source Four Gobo Size?

Re: Gobo too big for the holder?

You can just cut that small over hang off, just when you do be careful to make sure you have enough for it to still sit inside the holder properly. Check out this post out for more info.

Re: Gobo too big for the holder?

From Rosco - Gobos under "13610 Sandwich-Style Pattern Holder":
For use in:
ETC Source Four, Source Four Zoom
(Note: A size gobos are 100mm wide and will require trimming in order to fit into the static gobo slot of the Source Four)
The holder is 3-11/16" (~94mm) and the template is (~4") 100mm. Gobos trim easily with standard scissors. [Just don't use the Costume Shop's shears--or they'll needle you for it.]

Pachinko, I notice your, or someone else's, fingerprints on the pattern.:naughty: With today's cooler gate temperatures, not as big a deal as it used to be, but still something to be avoided if possible.

It may be annoying, but DO NOT just fold it over. I had a S4 that someone had folded the gobo over the edge of the holder and crammed it in there. We didn't notice until it was already hung 18 feet up on the grid. I had to yank it out while standing at the top of an A-Frame extension ladder. I sliced my thumb open (Gaff tape is sterile right?).

How does one cut/trim the gobo?? SOrry i am complete noob at source4 fixtures..

How does one cut/trim the gobo?? SOrry i am complete noob at source4 fixtures..

I've always just used scissors, but use some that are already on their way out or specifically for that. Wouldn't want to dull your office/gel cutting pair. You can also use aviation shears (tin snips).

Ship turned me on to using those stout electricians scissors the datacomm guys use. Klein and Ideal make some very suitable pairs. They are dang sharp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back