Source Four Help and Light Tree

Sacramento Theatrical Lighting is my local rental house. Their 66 lbs. bases are used in the IA houses, often with a 10 ft. upright. Between Lags into the floor, and tying off to the grid I've never seen one fall, and they are much more convenient than any other style I have used

Sacramento Theatrical Lighting is my local rental house. Their 66 lbs. bases are used in the IA houses, often with a 10 ft. upright. Between Lags into the floor, and tying off to the grid I've never seen one fall, and they are much more convenient than any other style I have used

Same here, between theirs I've used and our own in house made bases, load them up with a couple sand bags and we've actually gone up near 13 or 15 feet with a pair of cross bars. I would feel safe putting them near anyone, them being drunk, young, or old and clumsy.

Our own in house bases are just a 24"x24" 3/8" steel plate with a 12" section of 1.5" ID pipe in it. Very sturdy and anyone who can weld can bang them out in a short amount of time.

Thanks for all the info guys, but paying $370 per base from STL is more then I want to spend. I will look into other alternatives.

I will try to bench my S4 that I have also.

Any input on where the best source is for buying new source fours?

-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back