Source Four PAR

Yup, no problem. It's a standard fixture, but you can't put 750 watt HPLs in it due to the Enhanced Aluminum (EA) reflector. It can only go up to 575 watts. You want something that has either a 7.5" plate or an adjustable plate. If you're thinking about adding scrollers to a budget, Apollo SmartColor scrollers are the way to go. For a high school theatre, Wybrons are overkill, and I believe that Apollos perform just fine. Also, Apollos run off the same power supplies as i-cues, Apollo Smart Move rotators, and many other color scrollers, if you ever have to rent/borrow and the company doesn't stock apollo scrollers for rental.

The short answer is yes. Most manufacturers produce scrollers in varying sizes with different size mounting plates (the part that fits in the color frame holder of the lighting instrument). Just make sure the scrollers you get have to correct plate size (7.5 " in this case).

~Dave

Pay the extra cash for the universal mounting plate if you get the Smartmoves, it will save you many headaches.

Yup, no problem. It's a standard fixture, but you can't put 750 watt HPLs in it due to the Enhanced Aluminum (EA) reflector.
Thanks for playing, take two they are cheap. The Source 4 PAR EA is rated to 750w, I should know, I own them. The Source 4 PAR MCM (Metal Cold Mirror) is only rated to 575w due to the nature of the reflector.

Thanks for playing, take two they are cheap. The Source 4 PAR EA is rated to 750w, I should know, I own them. The Source 4 PAR MCM (Metal Cold Mirror) is only rated to 575w due to the nature of the reflector.
Ahhh! And I usually get that one right. Crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back